From Visions To Victory - Answering God's Call
Answering the Call To Evangelism
"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he may give it you."
"Herein is my Father Glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my
Mission Statement of General Baptist Convention of New Jersey, Inc.
- Who we are: We are a community of believers dedicated to fulfilling the Great
Commission through worship, discipleship and evangelism.
- What we hope to do: We desire to see our Convention involved in making
disciples for Jesus Christ first in our own Churches and Communities, secondly
in our Associations, and then in our convention and the communities where we
- What kind of convention we hope to be: We desire to be a convention
characterized by Holiness, Compassion and Zeal. We want to live lives that are
pleasing to God in every way; we want to manifest God’s love in all of our
relationships; we want to be enthusiastic in our efforts to share the gospel with
the whole world.
- How do we want to do our work: We want to reach people for Jesus Christ
through High-Quality, People-Oriented ministries.
- High-Quality ministries are those done with excellence, innovation and
integrity. Excellence wins the respect of our community; innovation
puts us on the cutting edge of our culture; integrity guarantees that our
work will stand the test of time.
- People-Centered ministries are those that have their central focus on
meeting the real needs of people. In particular, a People-Centered
ministry is one in which helping people takes precedence over the details
of running a program. Since people are more important than programs,
if a program does not meet the real needs of people, it will either be
reconstructed so that it does meet needs or it will be stopped altogether.